1. How do I become a teacher for Friendly Flash Fiction?
If you are a high schooler who is interested in teaching with us, click on the "apply to teach" tab above. Fill out the teacher application form and we will get back to you within 24 hours!
2. Is there training required to teach?
Yes. First we accept tutors who seem fit to engage children in a positive educational environment. Then, we walk each tutor through how to conduct a lesson. This process generally lasts 1-2 weeks.
3. Is being a teacher a big time commitment?
The time commitment is entirely up to you; you get to modify your own working hours (when parents are able to schedules lessons with you), which can range anywhere from one or two hours to tens of hours per week.
4. Do I get paid for teaching lessons?
100% of proceeds are donated directly to the UCSF Coronavirus Response Fund to help our frontline workers fight this virus. Thus, as teachers and board members, we do not get paid. Think of payment in the form of helping your community and bringing positivity to children who are stuck in isolation.
5. Are there any additional resources for conducting lessons?